Elementary Instructional Teacher - Monolingual
TITLE: Elementary Instructional Teacher – Monolingual
DEPARTMENT: Charter School
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Plan, implement, and deliver high quality instruction to elementary students in grades K-5th grade in a self-contained classroom. Teaching all subjects (Reading/Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies). Continuous collaboration and communication with colleagues, families and administration throughout the school year.
REPORTS TO: Charter School Executive Principal
Under the direction of the Executive Principal, The Instructional Teacher demonstrates enthusiasm, energy, and a passion for teaching within every aspect of the position. The Instructional Teacher will be responsible for creating a learning environment that provides high quality instruction for students while utilizing the charter school approved curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices. This position will collaborate with staff and parents to foster a positive team environment that will enrich each student’s learning and potential. The Instructional Teacher will work with families and students of diverse backgrounds and will hold a firm commitment that every child is provided with the opportunity to learn.
· Responsible for classroom management and the implementation of charter school approved curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices.
· Present academic content through a variety of instructional strategies.
· Pay close attention to each student’s readiness to learn, including guidance, discipline, and welfare.
· Plan for student success in the areas of reading, writing and mathematics based on assessed needs of individual students.
· Utilize data and information to determine each student’s current knowledge and skill level.
· Differentiate instruction based on individual student’s needs.
· Utilize formative and summative assessment tools to measure student achievement and progress toward learning objectives.
· Use assessment data to improve instructional effectiveness.
· Create a classroom environment of respect, high expectations, and the belief that every child can learn.
· Ensure prompt and appropriate communication with families.
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Principal or CEO.
Job Skills Requirements:
· Demonstrates Basic computer knowledge, Basic knowledge of excel, word, and Google forms
· Demonstrates leadership in the classroom.
· Demonstrates enthusiasm towards students, parents, and staff.
· Demonstrate the ability to adapt to any situation inside and outside the classroom.
· Demonstrates organizational skills for the classroom.
· Demonstrates the ability to multitask and prioritize work.
· Demonstrates the ability to work as a team as well as independently.
· Demonstrates respect towards the students, parents, and coworkers.
· Demonstrate the ability to listen to others and remain receptive to new ideas.
· Demonstrate the ability to address criticism in an appropriate manner and develop constructive outcomes.
· Demonstrate sustained effort and enthusiasm in the quality and quantity of work.
· Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with staff, students, and the community.
· Demonstrate effective time management, organizational skills, and prioritization of work to meet the needs of the users.
· Demonstrate the ability to follow and communicate effectively with students, parents, and staff.
· Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and the ability to work independently.
· Demonstrate excellent human relations and interpersonal skills.
Fulfills professional obligations by complying with timelines, attending meetings, in-service, professional and parent conferences, as well as participating in special events of the school and the agency.
· Valid Wisconsin DPI Teaching License for grade level desired
· Previous classroom teacher experience
· Focused on delivering high quality, standards aligned instruction.
· Driven to form meaningful, engaging relationships with staff, students and families.
· Collaborative by nature.
· Present a positive, student-centered approach to the teaching and learning process.
· Enthusiastic and optimistic regarding moving each learner forward.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will have unsupervised access to children that are part of La Casa’s educational programs.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.