High school or equivalent (Preferred)
US work authorization (Required)
- 401(k) 6% matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Full Job Description
Position Description: General Laborer Milwaukee, Waukesha, and Jefferson County - Based Out of Waukesha $20.75-$25.00 per hour
Do you enjoy working with your hands, physical labor, and a different work environment every day? Come prepared to receive on the job training in a specialized field that helps improve family’s lives, benefits the environment, and really makes a difference in the world.
Our team emphasizes professional training and growth to help maximize your potential. Earn a good wage while you learn this specialized field and develop or refine skills that will translate across the nation. Go home every night knowing you made a difference that day.
Why come be part of our team?
- Four day work week
- Four weeks of vacation
- 6% 401k company match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- On the job training
- Potential advancement opportunities
- Rewarding work
- Great team environment
This position is responsible for providing weatherization services as directed by the Crew Chief with an emphasis on installing insulation.
- Basic Required Skills:
- Good verbal communication
- Strong work ethic
- Practice respect, professionalism, and works well with others in a team environment
- Willingness to provide excellent customer service
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required.
- Bilingual English-Spanish communication is an asset.
- Technical school or college degree is an asset.
- Knowledge of inventory systems and familiarity with weatherization or construction processes and materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to unload and unpack boxes, move and store materials.
- Must be able to climb and descend from ladders.
- Must be able to operate power tools.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may have unsupervised access to children, both at the clients’ homes and at the Weatherization Department office.
- The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required (e.g., ear protection, vision protection, use of respirator, etc.).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.75 - $25.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations