AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
Updated on 3/22/2023.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Free Parking! PART-TIME JOB
TITLE: After School Program Instructor 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
SUMMARY: The After School Instructor will provide small group instruction and tutoring to students in 1st through 5th grade as well as including students in athletic activities. Program content will focus on math and reading. The After School Instructor is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere in which students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth.
REPORTS TO: School Age Education Supervisor
AVAILABILITY: Monday through Friday, 3:00 - 7:00 PM; additional hours available if willing to work with other age groups; additional hours available during school vacations and days off.
RATE OF PAY: Based on experience - Excellent Pay Rates!
- Embraces and supports the mission of La Casa School Age Program.
- Provides a learning environment in which students with differing learning modalities may attain success.
- Maintains program and course outcomes at a level to ensure appropriate skill levels for students.
- Develops a portfolio of activities.
- Helps students to do homework and delivers academic instruction.
- Writes lesson plans using the required lesson plan template.
- Reports concerns regarding student academic progress and discipline to Education Director.
- Administers assessment and grades any needed tests to monitor the students’ academic progress.
- Attends and participates in mandatory professional development sessions and meetings.
- 1 to 2 years of prior teaching experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education field highly desired
- Current or retired classroom teacher desired.
- Experience guiding homework help and extracurricular activities in school or community-based setting
- Demonstrated ability to develop lessons and programming for children grades 1st through 5th grades
- Prior experience working with diverse cultures preferred; ability to respect, value and honor diversity of children and families a must.
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to implement classroom management strategies
- Creative, team-oriented
- Reliable and able to work in a team setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Shall be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall complete a background information disclosure form, prior to the first day of employment and every 4 years thereafter.
- Shall be able to provide the following requirements by the first week of employment: Physician Health Examination Report /Tuberculosis Test.
- Shall be able to provide the following requirements within 6 months after beginning working: Infant and Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use their hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach above head. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.