La Casa’s Weatherization Program assists qualified, low income residential households in Jefferson, Waukesha and Milwaukee counties by identifying energy waste and providing cost effective, energy saving measures and education. Weatherization is provided at no cost to low-income owners and renters. Eligibility depends on the number of people in the home. For 2014-2015, a family of 2 can earn up to $32,890 and for a household of 4 the limit is $48,367. Persons interested in the program must first apply for Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program. To find out where to apply, please call toll free 1-866-HEATWIS (432-8947). More information on both programs can be found at www.homeenergyplus.wi.gov. The program, a partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Administration Division of Energy, includes a variety of energy-saving services including:
• Insulation of attics, side walls and crawlspaces
• Air sealing of drafts and warm air escaping through the attic.
• Repair or replacement of heating systems and duct work
• Lighting replacement with energy efficient Compact Fluorescent Lights(CFL’S)
• Replacement of refrigerators or freezers
• Testing and/or replacement of water heaters
• Health and safety inspections
• Maintenance and conservation education
Additionally, the program helps to enroll low-income households that struggle with high energy bills during the heating season in the Home Energy Assistance program provided by Energy Services.
Households that rent should continue to apply for Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance and have their landlord contact La Casa for more information on the program.
This program is not possible without your support, click here to learn more about supporting this program.
La Casa de Esperanza, Inc 410 Arcadian Avenue Waukesha, WI 53186 Phone: 262.547.0887 Fax: 262.547.0735
La Casa de Esperanza 2014