Save on Energy Bills with Weatherization Services
La Casa’s Weatherization Program assists qualified, low income residential households in Jefferson, Waukesha and Milwaukee counties by identifying energy waste and providing cost effective, energy saving measures and education. Weatherization is provided at no cost to low-income owners and renters. Eligibility depends on the number of people in the home. For 2016-2017, a family of 2 can earn up to $34,228 and for a household of 4 the limit is $50,336. Persons interested in the program must first apply for Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program. The program, a partnership with the Wisconsin Division of Energy, Housing and Community Resources includes a variety of energy-saving services including:
- Insulation of attics, side walls and crawlspaces
- Air sealing of drafts and warm air escaping through the attic.
- Repair or replacement of heating systems and duct work
- Lighting replacement with energy efficient Compact Fluorescent Lights(CFL’S)
- Replacement of refrigerators or freezers
- Testing and/or replacement of water heaters
- Health and safety inspections
- Maintenance and conservation education.
Households that rent should continue to apply for Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance and have their landlord contact La Casa for more information on the program.
For more information or to apply, call:
Milwaukee County: 414-270-4653
Waukesha County: (800) 506-5596
Jefferson County: 920-568-0604
This program is not possible without your support, click here to learn more about supporting this program.